Learned a new fact about my girl that even I didn't know. Lori likes scary movies. She is watching a 'horror themed' episode of my favorite show, which is normally funny. And she can't stop watching. She's covering her eyes with her socks(don't ask me) but still is watching out the side. What a crack up. And while it's 3:45pm, I'm going to guess that she will I still be reassuring her tonight.

In other news, the school determined that because Lori is making 'some' progress and her reversals are less than the beginning of the year that she doesn't need any extra assistance. I'm sure that her not even hitting the 'expected' level for mid year doesn't matter because Hey, it's progress, even if it isn't much. And us working consistently and exhaustively hasn't helped her identify and be more aware of her reversals. So she's not going to be receiving any help from the school. So I'm faced with the choice of giving up my schooling and homeschooling her so she gets the level of teaching she needs or letting the school continue doing nothing and hope she keeps up...

Oh, and proof of her dyslexia in my opinion? She can look at a word, like Cold and she'll look at it then spell it 'clod' over and over. EVEN HER TEACHER mentioned this habit while explaining why she was found to not have dyslexia and needed no help. *sigh*

1 comments:

Leann said...

Why am I not surprised?